[mythtv-users] How do programme categories work?

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 13:13:49 UTC 2018

On 23/06/18 12:33, George Poulson wrote:

>         To see if that is what is happening, if you
>         are around while the programme just before the affected one is
>         playing, take a look and see if the category of the affected
>         programme
>         has changed then.
>

> I just checked again while the programme is recording and the category
> is still wrong (music/ballet/dance or whatever).
>
> It is obviously something that I can't easily fix, and it isn't a huge
> issue so I'll leave it as it is, for now at least.
>
> Thanks again for the help.
> George

I get all programme info via EIT and the Programme Guide.  I've just
scanned a few days ahead for R5L (705) and R5SX (706) and didn't see any
obvious funnies.  Probably just a mistake on data entry at source.

But I notice that music on BBC Radio seems to be 'entertainment' while
other radio channels have 'Music/Ballet/Dance...'

John P