[mythtv-users] How do programme categories work?

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:50:55 UTC 2018

Does anyone know how MythTV selects the "Category" that is applied to each
​programme?

In some cases the applied category is just plain wrong, and sometimes just
weird.. (apologies if the formatting of this pasting from Mythweb is lost
or corrupted but the programme "5 Live Formula 1" has been categorised as
"Music/Ballet/Dance")

5 live Formula 1 <http://192.168.0.4/mythweb/tv/detail/7401/1529699400>
Music/Ballet/Dance 5 live's F1 team look ahead to all the action at this
weekend's French Grand Prix. 705 - BBC R5L Fri Jun 22, 2018, 21:30
<http://192.168.0.4/mythweb/tv/detail/7401/1529699400> 30 mins​
I'd be happy to look at improving this if only I had a clue where to start
looking :-)

George