[mythtv-users] Playback Loop (Video/Recording)

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Jun 13 09:46:40 UTC 2018

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 20:28:55 +0200, you wrote:

>You got me wrong :D
>
>The big MythTV nail is already there for years.
>
>Now I wonder how to start a MythTV recording or MythTV video in an
>endless loop. I searched for an option, but found none.
>
>Is it possible without launching an external application? (this way it
>would be complicated to open a MythTV recording or video, using the
>remote....)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Nicolas

Playing a video file using an alternate player is fairly easy to set
up - just configure an alternate player program, and then the Menu key
will bring up an option for something like "Play with alternate
player".  There is no such option for playing recordings though.  I
have mplayer set up as my alternate player, as there are some older
.wmv files that mythfrontend can not play properly - if you jump
forwards, it goes back to the beginning of the file and starts from
there again.