[mythtv-users] IPTV recorder - simultaneous stream recording

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 19:14:14 UTC 2018

Hi Stephen,

Many thanks for your responses.

I *think* you may have confirmed what seems to be the fundamental issue for
me in 0.28, which is that chanid in iptv_channel seems to insist on being
unique, which doesn't seem to be the case for you in 0.29, if I'm
understanding your set-up correctly?  In other words, you have a number of
rows with the same chanid but with different URLs in your iptv_channel
table?  That is what I cannot seem to achieve in 0.28, so if, for example,
I specify other URLs for the same channel, only the last one specified will
appear in the url column for a given chanid in iptv_channels, not multiple
rows of chanid each containing a different URL, if that makes sense?

If that's the case, I may be better off just building 0.29 in Debian stable
so it works without the hack of using a different sourceid, perhaps, but I
think your last suggestion might well work in 0.28.

Thanks again.

Ian