[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes on any recording in Fedora 28

Jake mythmail at runbox.com
Fri Jun 8 09:19:30 UTC 2018

On 08/06/18 19:07, Jake wrote:
> On 08/06/18 18:11, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 08/06/18 01:10, Jake wrote:
>>> Darn, just like Richard F. I've now had it crash on (non-DRM) HD
>>> content with the 'Aborted Code -6" error again.
>>>
>>> Jake
>>
>> The patches were within mythtv/libs.  There's a mythtv-libs package
>> which your backend-only updates haven't touched.  ??
>>
> Hi John, as far as I can see the RPMFusion repo doesn't have a recent
> mythtv-libs package.  The recent updates Richard provided includes:
>
>   * mythmusic
>     <http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/testing/28/x86_64/repoview/mythmusic.html>
>     - The music player add-on module for MythTV
>   * mythtv-backend
>     <http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/testing/28/x86_64/repoview/mythtv-backend.html>
>     - Server component of mythtv (a DVR)
>   * mythtv-frontend
>     <http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/testing/28/x86_64/repoview/mythtv-frontend.html>
>     - Client component of mythtv (a DVR)
>   * mythtv-setup
>     <http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/testing/28/x86_64/repoview/mythtv-setup.html>
>     - Setup the mythtv backend
>
> Ref:
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/testing/28/x86_64/repoview/sound-and-video.group.html

You're right John.  I'm sorry Richard - I am totally wrong.

I can see the update to all MythTV packages including mythtv-libs made
on 2018-05-31 which includes the comment:

Update to v29.1.21.20180529.g1777cc4425 from branch fixes/29
- This update includes fixes for the backend crashes with gcc 8.

I'll ensure all mythtv-related packages are updated from the testing repo and try again.

Thanks for your help!
Jake