[mythtv-users] Parts of mythtv can access DB, others can't. Version 30.

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 13:22:41 UTC 2018

On 06/03/2018 04:18 AM, Mark Perkins wrote:

> On 3 June 2018 6:27:01 pm Ian Richardson <grandmastermarclar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I had raised this as https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13289, but it has been "suggested" this might be a setup issue and not a bug...
>
> I can access my DB using mysql -h 192.168.1.234 -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg...
>
> (oh, and 192.168.1.234 is the IP of the first interface from ifconfig...)
>
> I can still access mythweb, and it appears from the logs that mythbackend is working correctly. Indeed, it is as I type this.
>
> However, mythfrontend, mythtv-setup, and mythfilldatabase, are all unable to log in to the database. All instances of config.xml on my combined frontend/backend setup have the same DB login credentials, and were working correctly with version 29.
>
> I'm using MariaDB 10.2, Ubuntu 18.04, mythtv 2:30.0~master.20180426.ba4c52b-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1
>
> No clue in logs (with all debug possible), why it's failing. Could it be some silent fail on a missing library? What else can I glean before anyone can help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian
> Can you post terminal output of mythtv-setup (just enter mythtv-setup, go to master backend IP address setting, retype IP, save and exit) and maybe the first 5minutes of mythbackend log from startup. Please manually stop mythbackend before running mythtv-setup.

^^^ Good idea, but without -v all.

Ian, take a look at https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2628&p=12958&hilit=Driver+not+loaded#p12961

Same error in the log, different distribution. Also uses MariaDB,
which may be important because it adds .cnf files under /etc/mysql.
Don't forget to check ~/.my.cnf.

   2018-06-03 11:58:10.459018 E [23052/23052] CoreContext mythdb.cpp:183 (DBError) - DB Error (StorageGroup::StorageGroup()):
   Query was:

   Driver error was [1/]:
   Driver not loaded
   Database error was:
   Driver not loaded

Suggests a configuration issue. But why it works from the command line mysql test
I don't know.

Note that in the recent config.xml files on the ticket that one of the files
restarts the DB in the WOL section.

--
Bill