[mythtv-users] Recommendations needed for new FE box

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 22:34:14 UTC 2018

> > Thank you!
> >
> > My problem is I don't know the difference say between Raspberry Pi 3 B+
> > video output vs say NUC with Pentium J5005 - i see multiple NUC on amazon
> > with under $200
> >
> > So just trying to see which way to go.
>
> For what do you want to use it?  MythTV, timestretch, YouTube, Prime
> Video, Playstation Vue, other streaming service, other HTPC function?
> Some boxes can do some of these, but no single box can really do them
> all well.  In other words, it all depends on what *you* want it to do.
>
> David

My needs are extremely simple - I use Myth for music, videos (not TV
recordings - my own movie/homevideos collection), family photo.

So basically my need is for a FE that will allow HD videos with HD
(generally speaking - HD-DTS, TrueHD, etc etc) passthrough, I also have
"some" H.265 movies that are currently unplayable owing to the ZOTAC ION
processor that can't handle it.

I wanted to dab into the airplay but i only get the sound out - no video.
However, that is for another email chain since I don't want to hijack this
one by digressing.