[mythtv-users] Harmony Hub and MythTV

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Thu Jul 26 17:19:09 UTC 2018

I recently purchased Harmony Elite, which has a hub.

I see two ways to control Mythtv, one is IR the other Bluetooth.

Everything I read says bluetooth preferable.

I use a bluetooth keyboard with my Ubuntu 16.04 mythtv frontend.

Can I pair Harmony to the same dongle the keyboard is using?  For some
reason that doesn't seem to work.

If not, can I add another bluetooth dongle, leave bluetooth keyboard on
one, and harmony on the other?

Any advantages to going the MCE/IR route?

thanks.

I am retiring my 20 year old OFA remote :(