[mythtv-users] Recommendations needed for new FE box

Jeremy D Eiden theonlyrealperson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:59:22 UTC 2018

On 07/26/2018 10:46 AM, George Poulson wrote:
> On 26 July 2018 at 16:07, Ashu Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com
> <mailto:ashu.desai at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Is there something that folks here have - i am open to buying bare
>     metal and building one up myself...
>

> If you're open to it as a solution the Raspberry Pi 3 makes a pretty
> darn good (and very cheap!) frontend.
>
> You'll find various articles both on the mythtv wiki and elsewhere.
>
> George

I second this.  LibreElec on a RaspPi 3 B+ has nearly flawless
playback.  Some menus are great, but others (like Recordings) I find a
little clunky.  Not terrible, just clunky.

And it just worked. Install, enable Myth's plugin and configure the
plugin to point to the backend - and it was good to go.

The playback looks nicer than my NUC's, I think. But really, it's hard
to tell.