[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] Re: blank mythweb page and error in log

mythtv at howorth.org.uk mythtv at howorth.org.uk
Thu Jul 26 08:42:11 UTC 2018

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 13:57:04 +0100
mythtv at howorth.org.uk wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 13:20:48 +0100
>George Poulson <george.poulson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>You don't mention what OS you are using nor how you have installed
>>mythtv.
>
>Sorry, I'm running openSUSE Leap 15.0 and all the mythtv components
>have been installed from the packman repository.
>
>I've started various threads on here, the packman list and the opensuse
>list about my various tribulations. This problem seemed to me like
>other mythtv users might have seen it, or understand the log entries
>best.
>
>>If you are running some variant of Debian /Ubuntu I would suggest
>>uninstalling and reinstalling the mythweb package..
>
>I generally prefer to understand the reason for problems and fix them,
>rather than trying the MS-like 'please reboot your system' approach to
>solving problems.
>
>>sudo apt [purge|install] mythweb
>>
>>.. or similar
>>
>>George

Just to add that I've now solved that problem. Jeremy Eiden contacted me
offlist and said he'd had similar problems in the past because of some
php modules not being installed. With that hint, I added a package
called php-mythtv and then mythweb burst into life. I'll bug report a
dependency error to packman.