[mythtv-users] PHP Script for Migrating MythTV Music Playlists Between DBs

Nicolas Krzywinski myth2 at site7even.de
Wed Jul 25 00:35:50 UTC 2018

Hi all,

recently I set up a new MythTV system, following the "start from scratch" approach. Having installed a clean operating system, I wanted to do a clean MythTV setup as well and started with a blank database therefore.

There was some data though, that I needed from the previous system. After the ease steps (migrating the recordings, hotkeys, channel numbering), I just built a little PHP helper script to migrate the music playlists. This wasn't easily possible in pure SQL only.

Just in case s. o. else has a need for this, I uploaded it to git here: https://github.com/nsk7even/mythtv-tools/blob/master/myth-migrate-playlists.php

Good day!

--
Nicolas

MythTV Version : v29.1-22-g675676b
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (4.15.0-23-generic)
Digital Devices GmbH Octopus DVB Adapter via ddbridge kernel module
15c2:0036 SoundGraph Inc. LC16M VFD Display/IR Receiver (imon) via ir-keytable
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 3e91 (Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100T)