[mythtv-users] Hello, and a question about PHP version

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 00:08:38 UTC 2018

> I'm in the middle of trying to use mthtv-setup to get my backend going
> (I plan to use Kodi on a Fire TV as the frontend eventually) and am
> currently stuck with error messages about the tuners being programmed
> to start on channel 3 which does not exist. I don't understand what
> that means really, nor how to fix it.

Start MythTV Backend Setup and go to Input Connections. Then open up the
item listed and you'll see a field called "Starting channel". Using the
arrow keys you can select a valid channel number.

> Oh, and is there any way to run
> mthtv-setup in a window instead of fullscreen? It's very annoying to
> have to exit from it every time I want to look something up on the web
> or inspect my filesystem or whatever.

I launch mythfrontend from a desktop icon on my Ubuntu machine like this so
it doesn't fill the whole screen:
mythfrontend.real --geometry 1280x720+120+15