[mythtv-users] Where are these settings (auto-flag and auto-expire)

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Jul 21 02:23:10 UTC 2018

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 19:02:23 -0500, you wrote:

>disable auto-flag defaults  ( creating new scheds in mythweb should have
>these set )
>enable auto-expire defaults ( creating new scheds in mythweb should have
>these set )
>
>I've compiled fixes-29 for ARM.  The new mythtv-setup interface is very
>different.  Seem to recall options for the above in MythFrontend.  I don't
>have any MythFrontends
>
>Somewhere within mythtv-setup or database?

Those settings are found in the recording rule templates.  Unless you
specify a template when you create or edit a recording rule, the
settings are copied from the "Default (template)" rule.  To find this
in mythtfrontend, you go to Manage Recordings > Recording Rules, then
use the search feature (Ctrl-S) and search for "template".  The "Allow
recordings to expire?" option is in "Storage Options" and the "Advert
Flag new recordings" option is in "Post Processing".  The template
rules do not seem to show up in the list in MythWeb, so I do not think
they can be changed from there.  In the database, this SQL will list
all your template rules:

select * from record where title like '%(template%'\G

The fields you want there are "autoexpire" and "autocommflag".

Changing the templates only changes new recording rules that are made
from those templates.  If you want to change all your old recording
rules, you will need to use SQL in the database to do that.  And then
all the old recordings made from those rules will still have whatever
"autoexpire" option they acquired when the recording was made.