[mythtv-users] remote ssh to run mythtv-setup ( ssh -X mythtv at server mythtv-setup ) hangs on exit

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 00:05:42 UTC 2018

Not really sure what you mean by checking.  This is what I get when running
the curl command

ssh root at 192.168.0.124
root at 192.168.0.124's password:
Last login: Sat Jul 14 18:43:22 2018 from 192.168.0.102
ubuntu at root:~
 curl -H Accept:application/json
127.0.0.1:6544/Myth/GetSetting?Key=BackendStartCommand\&HostName=_GLOBAL_
{"String": "mythbackend"}ubuntu at root:~

There is not stop or start on this system only systemctl commands.  It did
need to be setup because it wasn't enabled by default (ubuntu server 16.04)
makes me wonder how it started on initial boots and reboots.  No clue where
things are at these days between upstart and systemd.  Frankly prefer
systemd and wish  every distro would get on the same page.  The startup
stuff is one of the things I brought up in my original post.

BTW: In the MythTV settings there is something about 'startup command' not
sure if that's what your referring too