[mythtv-users] New MythTV System - everything cool, but what's up with mythtv-status?

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Mon Jul 9 14:14:26 UTC 2018

On 08/07/18 23:01, Nicolas Krzywinski wrote:
>   * Last thing that still fails at boot is the mythtv-status.service
>       o It works to manually start it afterwards
>       o See below the status output
>       o I assume it is started too fast, but how to solve this?

I raised this a couple of weeks ago:

http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2018-June/396639.html

Obviously, we can all wait until the author or someone else fixes the
init script to wait until myth-backend is fully up.

As far as I can see, the service is reloaded by a cron job every 10
minutes, so it probably doesn't matter that it start at boot.

Alternatively, if having the status in the message of the day is not
important to you, you can just disable the service.

Regards

Jeff