[mythtv-users] Fix for German DVB-T2 HD broadcasts with 5.1 audio (MythTV 29)

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Tue Jan 30 22:03:27 UTC 2018

I analyzed a problem with the German DVB-T2 HD broadcasts within MythTV:

  MythTV needs a backport from FFmpeg 3.3/3.4 to make German DVB-T2 HD
  with 5.1 audio work
  https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13211

Basically not all broadcasts can be viewed with the MythTV frontend. If
the broadcast uses 5.1 audio (e.g. cinema films, concerts etc.), the
frontend becomes nearly unusable (sloppy sound, error messages ...).

The developers will fix this with an upgrade of the internal FFmpeg code
from 3.2 to 3.4.

If you do not want to wait, you can use my patch from the bug report.
The patch is made for MythTV 29.

Feedback is welcome.

Greetings,
Björn