[mythtv-users] Help needed with error in recordedseek table not fixed by optimize_mythdb

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 01:59:40 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 6:12 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 5:04 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>
>> On 28/01/18 22:17, Craig Huff wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Paul-
>>>
>>> Re-creating the seektable data for the new recordings it what I was
>>> hoping to do, but the trick I haven't figured out yet is how to restore
>>> just the recordedseek table.
>>>
>>> Can you give me more details on that?
>>>
>>>    - How do I truncate it (presumably the recordedseek table)?
>>>    - How would you suggest I restore the recordedseek table from the
>>>    backup?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Craig.
>>>

>> Looks like truncation would involve launching an interactive mysql
>> session and invoking the command "TRUNCATE TABLE recordedseek;".  Correct?
>>
>> --
>> Craig.
>>

>> Yes that will remove all the data from the recordedseek table. I would
>> also drop the table as well since the backup will recreate it.
>>
>> Your backup will contain all the data for all tables so you will have to
>> create a new one with just the recordedseek data in it. That's the tricky
>> bit because if you have a lot of recordings the backups are very large. You
>> can if they are small enough edit it in a text editor but most are to large
>> to do that.
>>
>> Easiest way is probably to run a sed command to extract it something like
>> this works for me
>>
>> sed -n -e '/CREATE TABLE.*`recordedseek`/,/UNLOCK TABLES;/p' mythconverg-1348-20171215001052.sql > recordedseek.sql
>>

>> Paul H.
>>
>> Paul,
>
> I thought to use mythconverg_restore.pl to restore the recordedseek table
> after replacing the contents of my equivalent of  mythconverg-1348-20171215001052.sql
> with the recordedseek.sql contents (after making a backup copy of
> mythconverg-1348-20171215001052.sql elsewhere).
>
> That didn't work because the rest of the database is still there and the
> restore program didn't like that -- not really a surprise.  So, I guess I
> need to feed the recordedseek.sql file into a mysql command line as a
> command file.  I can figure that out.  I think I've even done it before.
>
> Many thanks to all for your input.  If this works, I won't clutter the
> maillist with more traffic.  If you hear from me, it'll be because I'm
> stuck again.
>
> --
> Craig.

Just to close the loop so to speak, "mysql ..... < recordedseek.sql" didn't
work either.  I think the problem was that several records got lost in the
recordedseek table that were "known" to other table(s) and so they would
always result in detected corruption.  I finally had to restore the
previous day's backup as resign myself to having a couple of recordings
orphaned.  No big deal.  They'll come around again and get recorded when
they do.

--
Craig.