[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 05:23:27 UTC 2018

</lurker>

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 4:39 AM, Michael A Weber <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.  Will the current versions of the grabbers still work with xmltv 0.5.69-1?

TTBOMK yes (but I have not personally tested all
possible cases).

> 2.  Between the two grabbers, is the only difference that the SQLite flavor uses a SQLite database for its local caching whereas the other flavor uses a flat file?

Not exactly.  While the use of a sqlite database is in the
name of one, the two programs came from very different
start points and while the two programs produce mostly
equivalent results for the simple cases, not all cases are
simple cases, and their are differences due to their
interpretation and merging of the upstream source data
(which is common to both).  However, I am unaware of
anyone doing a true objective line-by-line side-by-side
evaluation, so all one will get is biased opinions from
those that likely choose one (or the other) and believe in
what they have chosen.  As I admit my biases, you
should do your own evaluation for your use cases (or
find someone you believe is unbiased to help you choose).

<lurker>