[mythtv-users] Wifi

glen glenb at glenb.us
Sat Jan 27 01:16:59 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-01-26 at 19:21 -0500, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2018 5:39 PM, "Simon Hobson" <linux at thehobsons.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > Leo Butler <leo.butler at member.ams.org> wrote:
> >

> > > Besides their unreliability, powerline adapters are really
> >
> > > expensive.
> >

> > In more ways than just cash terms ...
> >
> > See https://www.ban-plt.org.uk

> > http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> >
> > MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
> Thanks again everyone, I thought I remembered some distaste for a.c.
> extenders, good to get confirmation before shelling my  cash. I will
> continue with wired

fwiw, i run a wifi bridge from my attenna (and 4 tuner hdhomerun) to my
router and then hardwire to computer running myth backend. the bridge
runs at highest ac rate. i picked up an inexepensive netgear ac router
w/atheros chipset that could take openwrt. with all four tuners
transferring hd data i have no errors. i believe that if you did this
it would work. there is a tutorial to set up openwrt to act as a bridge
on the net. putting a wifi adapter in a usb on the computer probably
would not be reliable. i am in a multi unit dwelling with plenty of
other networks but on 5g band at high speed i have zero issues and have
run like this quite a long time