[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Fri Jan 26 16:51:56 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 11:17 AM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> on Ubuntu 16.04 I just installed xmltv using apt and I got a lot of
> tv_grabber, but not the tv_grab_zz_sdjson ones.  Do I need to install the
> xmltv from the debian repository??
>
> Jim A

I also had to install various dependencies (Perl libraries) needed by
Gary's script.  I did this over a year ago and I can't recall which modules
are needed.  I am also on Fedora so it's slightly different for me.

If you simply try to run the script from the terminal, it will complain
about each one that is missing.  If you google for each various complaint
and add 'debian' to your search, I'm sure you'll come up with the dependent
.deb packages you need to install manually.

His dependent modules are enumerated at the top of the Perl file, which may
further speed up your search.  You can try to install each module in turn.