[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 16:11:54 UTC 2018

> On Jan 26, 2018, at 10:41 AM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 01/26/2018 10:08 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>

>> On 01/26/2018 09:44 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>>> My Mythtv backend uses Schedules Direct for the program guide.  It works great, most of the time. I use it for USA OTA ATCS programming. I took the defaults when setting it up.  Nothing more than putting in my account info for SD.
>>>
>>> In researching an issue I looked at the wiki on mythfilldatabase and read about the use of DataDirect format or XMLTV format.  I don’t know if I care but what am I using.  The recommended per the wiki is XMLTV even for Schedules Direct.
>>>
>>> Jim Abernathy
>>> jfabernathy at gmail.com <mailto:jfabernathy at gmail.com>
>>>

>> The XMLTV through SD option gets you three weeks of schedules instead of 13 days. It  also supplies season and episode, and gives icons for all channels. It is also harder to set up.
>
> So it looks like there are some advantages to switching to an XMLTV grabber for Schedules Direct. Any recommendations on setup and switching other than what is on the Wiki at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV>  ?
>
> Jim A

I highly recommend you set up a test machine(can be virtual) to run through the conversion once.  You will need to update the channel table so that the xmltv id looks like this:  I43730.json.schedulesdirect.org <http://i43730.json.schedulesdirect.org/>  . Your current xmltv ids will probably look like this with the legacy Schedules direct grabber:  43730

The mod mentioned above is documented on the XMLTV page on the mythtv wiki.

Once you are happy with the migration on your test system, you can then do the same in your production version.

I did the conversion about a month ago, and it worked fine.

Regards,