[mythtv-users] "Resource temporarily unavailable" with HDHomeRun Quatro tuner?

Ken Yee kenkyee at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 14:37:16 UTC 2018

Finally figured it out last night and documenting it here for posterity in case anyone else hits this.
I was trying to upgrade an HDHomerun Connect Legacy dual tuner, so what I did was:- add HDHR5's 4 tuners to MythTV and told them all to scan for channels- disconnect Connect Legacy thinking that MythTV's backend would fail over to the tuners it could connect to (that was the reason for the messages in the log)- that didn't work, so I deleted all tuners, added all the HDHR5's and told them all to scan for channels- MythTV claimed "all tuners are busy" when trying to watch TV and I saw the messages posted in the log- panic...delete all tuners and go back to old Connect Legacy for a while- last night, I tried it again after finding a post that mentioned the machine had to be rebooted for the tuners to show up...I initially discounted this thinking "Linux never needs a reboot....that can't be right"- rebooted machine after deleting all tuners and adding all the HDHR5 ones, then channel scanned and got "all tuners busy" againRebooting apparently is required.  Why I have no idea.  The symptom is that the tuners are found by MythTV and can scan channels, but MythTV can't tune them.  This is on a Mythbuntu setup.