[mythtv-users] first remote button press is ignored

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 20:09:58 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 1:45 PM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24/01/18 20:08, Greg Oliver wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Roger Siddons
> > <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com <mailto:dizygotheca at ntlworld.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 11:01:34 -0600
> >     Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com <mailto:oliver.greg at gmail.com>>
> >     wrote:
> >
> >     > I am beginning to agree - I turned on "all" debugs on mythfrontend
> >     > and it does not log any LIRC events at all, so we will not be
> getting
> >     > help from that unfortunately.
>
> Would it be possible to add a patch providing some logging? The
> alternative would be to fire up gdb and set some breakpoints. To my
> simple head, the next logical step should be to actually trace when
> mythfrontend gets the lirc input. Without this info, we are kind of
> lost, are we not?
>
> --alec

Could you first try the screensaver disabling post.  You can ssh into the
frontend:

export DISPLAY=:0
xset -dpms
xset s off

play a video and try it.  Barring that, I'll just be honest - I'm not
willing to spend the time to track it down with gdb (you would have to
decipher the output anyway) and you would need to email the dev list to try
for a patch with extra logging baked in.

Does the debian version run Xorg or Wayland?  I still run X for other
reaason, so the xset commands may not work on Wayland - I am not sure.