[mythtv-users] first remote button press is ignored

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Sun Jan 21 22:07:39 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 8:32 AM, Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com> wrote:

> Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote on Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at
> 09:51:03PM -0600:
> > Run irw in a terminal.  If the 1st button press does not show any
> results,
> > but subsequent do, then your remote is to blame.  If the 1 does, then
> post
> > your lircrc file for mythtv.
>
> All button presses show results in irw. Attached is my lircrc file for
> mythtv.

One more thing, are you using the "devinput" driver for the kernel, or the
"default" driver?  On my Fedora system, that information is in
/etc/lirc/lirc_options.conf under the [lircd] section of the file.

I've only dealt with the "default" driver and do not have experience with
the "devinput" driver.  The kernel may handle IR input differently.