[mythtv-users] first remote button press is ignored

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Sat Jan 20 23:41:57 UTC 2018

Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote on Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 09:55:00PM +0000:
> On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 13:50:24 -0500
> Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com> wrote:
>

> > 2. Once playback has started, press any remote button (Pause, Info,
> > Skip Forward, etc.). The press isn't recognized. It doesn't matter
> > whether I pressed the button immediately after playback started or
> > waited 20 minutes.
> >

> Does a keyboard produce the same behaviour ?
>
> If you click on the playback window with a mouse first, does the 1st
> keypress then work ?
>
> I'm wondering if the playback window isn't getting focus, so
> the 1st press is just selecting it. Once focussed, subsequent ones get
> sent to the window and work normally.

Oh, interesting thought. However, I don't think that's it. The keyboard doesn't
produce the same behavior: When I press a keyboard key immediately after
playback, the key is recognized. Also, even after clicking in the playback
window with the mouse, the first remote button press still isn't recognized. I
also tried with the "Always on top" setting disabled and then enabled.