[mythtv-users] first remote button press is ignored

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Sat Jan 20 03:36:44 UTC 2018

I'm running MythTV 0.29 on a Debian sid machine. Whenever I begin playback of a
recording or video, the first time I press a button on my remote control, it is
ignored. Subsequent button presses are recognized as expected. If I exit
playback and start again, the first button press is again ignored, and
subsequent button presses are recognized. This has been 100% reproducible. All
button presses are recognized while I navigate the mythfrontend menus.

I'm using LIRC 0.10.0 with a MCEUSB remote. I've tried using the devinput driver
for LIRC as well as its native driver, but both produced the same behavior.

Could mythfrontend be putting the USB device to sleep when it starts playback?
And then my first button press wakes the device? I looked through the log
generated with `--loglevel debug --verbose general` but didn't see anything
promising.

Does anyone know what might be causing this or have suggestions for further
troubleshooting?

Thanks.
Joey