[mythtv-users] libmyth not installing

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Jan 16 00:37:18 UTC 2018

On 16 January 2018 at 07:57, Mitchell Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> i have also tried sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and it holds the package back.
>
> mitchell at mythtv:~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Calculating upgrade... Done
> The following packages have been kept back:
>   mythtv-backend mythtv-dbg mythtv-transcode-utils
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
> mitchell at mythtv:~$
>

> ----
>
> mitchell at mythtv:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-0_29-trusty.list
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.29/ubuntu trusty main
> # deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.29/ubuntu trusty main
> # deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.29/ubuntu trusty main
>

> On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Mitchell Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> i am trying to upgrade from .28 to .29. getting this error:
>>
>> mitchell at mythtv:~$ sudo apt-get upgrade mythtv-backend
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> Calculating upgrade... Done
>> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>  mythtv-backend : Depends: libmyth (>= 2:29.0+fixes.20171227.339b08e) but
>> it is not going to be installed
>> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
>>

>> any ideas how to resolve?
>>

> Have you tried

sudo apt-get install mythtv-backend mythtv-dbg mythtv-transcode-utils
libmyth

although I haven't tried updating recently however as per a previous post
as the ubuntu build servers were unavailable for regular builds which might
be related,
https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/614724
you'd hope they would have caught up with the backlog by now however last
builds are still from 2017-12-27
https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/0.29/+packages

Cheers,

Anthony