[mythtv-users] my documentation on mythtv v29 installation

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Thu Jan 11 22:01:24 UTC 2018

On Jan 9, 2018, at 4:45 PM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at outlook.com<mailto:jfabernathy at outlook.com>> wrote:

Since I’ve gotten a lot of help from many on this mailing list, I thought I’d share my documentation on what I did to get my Version 29 headless mythtv backend combined with a Samba File Server working.  Also this includes remote mythtv frontends. This document is for my reference mostly, because I can never remember how I did something when I have to do it again.  i’m not a technical writer and I made no attempt to make this perfect.  But the information will get someone from where I started to a working solution. I think I got most of the critical steps.

http://mythtvinstall.blogspot.com/2018/01/creating-combined-mythtv-headless.html

Jim A

FYI, I finished editing the format some and added a section on APCUSPD software install to control and monitor the service.  It uses the Apache2 system to let you check the UPS via browser on the network.

Jim A