[mythtv-users] Pre-recording Script?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Jan 11 12:54:43 UTC 2018

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 22:57:31 -0800, you wrote:

>It's a ST5000DM000.  I believe it is a shingled drive.  I'm actually
>surprised at how often it does just fine.  I've got the Recording Pending
>touch script enabled now.  We will see if that helps.  If not I have other
>options.
>
>Thanks

No, that is not a shingled drive, so it should be fine for recordings.

Even without using a Recording Pending script, mythbackend normally
accesses drives some time before the start of the recording, so it
should be woken up by the time it is needed.  Even if it does take too
long to spin up, all that should happen is that the recording starts a
few seconds late - it should not cause failed recordings.