[mythtv-users] Correct setup?

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Wed Jan 10 22:50:23 UTC 2018

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 11:34:06AM +0100, Peter Carlsson wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 04:10:12PM +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 00:27:41 +0100, you wrote:
> >
> > >Hello!
> > >
> > >I have used MythTV for many years but when it comes to capture cards and
> > >channel scanning I have never really understood how to configure this
> > >correctly. This means that whenever I have to change something about
> > >this it feels it is trial and error before I get it to work again.
> > >
> > >Could someone please tell me if there is something wrong with my current
> > >configuration or if I should do some changes that makes it easier to
> > >maintain?
> > >
> > >Capture Cards:
> > >- Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500
> > >  [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0]
> > >  [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0]
> > >- pctv tripleStick 292e
> > >  [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0]
> > >
> > >Video Sources:
> > >- Digital terrestrial television in Sweden (DVB-T and DVB-T2)
> > >  DVB-T_Tuner1, Listings grabber: Sweden (swedb/tvsajten) (xmltv), Channel frequency table: europe-west
> > >  DVB-T_Tuner2, Listings grabber: Sweden (swedb/tvsajten) (xmltv), Channel frequency table: europe-west
> > >  DVB-T2, Listings grabber: Sweden (swedb/tvsajten) (xmltv), Channel frequency table: europe-west
> > >
> > >Input Connections:
> > >- [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0](DVBInput) -> DVB-T_Tuner1
> > >- [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0](DVBInput) -> DVB-T_Tuner2
> > >- [DVB: /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0](DVBInput) -> DVB-T2
> > >
> > >For this I have 3 different configuration files for xmltv.
> > >
> > >Maybe since all capture cards receive the stream from the same antenna
> > >it should be enough with with one single video source and the input
> > >connections all reference this single video source?
> > >
> > >And also one single configuration file för xmltv would be enough?
> > >
> > >Best regards,
> > >Peter Carlsson
> >
> > You only need two sources - one for DVB-T only (no DVB-T2 listings),
> > used with both of the DVB-T tuners.  And one for DVB-T and DVB-T2
> > listings combined, as the DVB-T2 tuner can record from both types of
> > multiplex.
> >
> > If there are no actual DVB-T2 multiplexes, then you could use one
> > source for all three tuners.
>
> Thanks, that's at least one file less to maintain

Today I had to rescan my channels and I wanted to make a clean start so I
removed all capture cards and video sources and then I added my capture
cards, added my video sources and created the input connections.

I then used mythtv-setup from the command line to scan for channels for
all cardid's.

I then added xmltvid to the channels I want to use and ran
mythfilldatabase.

If I now look at the upcoming recordings none will be recorded since all
my inputs/connections are disconnected.

Have I missed a step in the setup?

I am on v29.0.

Any help would be appreciated!