[mythtv-users] mythtv v29 can't connect remote frontend

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Jan 9 04:13:06 UTC 2018

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 23:02:13 +0000, you wrote:

>In /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.conf  file I have #bind-address=::   It was installed by mythtv installation.

Note that the line you quoted there has a # on the front, making it a
comment.  If your new bind 0.0.0.0 line was also done with a #, it
will do nothing.

>I’ll test with bind 0.0.0.0
>
>Jim A

Check all the config files under /etc/mysql - they are read in a
specific order given by the include statements, and then
alphabetically in each directory.  If an option such as bind-address
is used in more than one place, the last one read is used.  So comment
out all the bind-address settings you find except for the one you want
to use.

Use:

bind-address=::

if you want to bind automatically to all available IP addresses,
including both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.  Use:

bind-address=0.0.0.0

to bind to all available IPv4 addresses, and not bind IPv6 addresses.