[mythtv-users] mythtv v29 can't connect remote frontend

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 01:55:26 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 7:38 PM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at outlook.com>
wrote:

> I'm assuming you have rebooted after the v29 upgrade?
>
> As per my post https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/613497
>
> I had to enable "Allow Connections from all Subnets" even though the
> frontends were on the same subnet
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Setup_General#Host_Address_
> Backend_Setup_.28v29.29
>
> I haven't tried removing this setting after the initial reboot
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony
>

> rebooted FE and BE multiple times. I just setup Allow Connections from all
> Subnets and rebooted.  No change. Can't get FE to connect to DB but Kodi
> still works on live tv and recorded tv
>
> Jim A

I do not use Debian derivatives (like Ubuntu), but until netstat tells you
that port 3306 is not listening on only localhost, you can quit fiddling
with anything else.  I am sure the frontends will work just fine when they
can connect to the database.

What is in the systemd logs when you start mariadb?