[mythtv-users] mythtv v29 can't connect remote frontend

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Tue Jan 9 01:08:47 UTC 2018

On 01/08/2018 07:51 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 01/08/2018 06:40 PM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

>> In my mythtv v29 installed mariadb and put a file called mythtv.cnf in
>> /etc/mysql/conf.d.  That file only had:
>> [mysqld]
>> #bind-address=::
>> max_connections=100
>
> Right, mariadb is a bit different. Edit the file above and uncomment
> the bind-address line.
>
> Or, if you want to follow things you'll see the 2 includes
> below and that's the order they're read. You have to read
> each file in each directory to really see what's happening.
>
> cat /etc/mysql/my.cnf

> # Import all .cnf files from configuration directory
> !includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/.
> !includedir /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/
>
> cat /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/mythtv.cnf
> [mysqld]
> bind-address=::
> max_connections = 100
> table_open_cache = 128

so I made my mythtv.cnf have the bind-address=:: and restarted mysql.
but no change.  I even uninstalled mythtv-frontend and reinstalled.

I think it can't build the config.xml files because it can't open the
database for the mythtv BE it found via  UPNP.  seems that's what it's
saying the --verbose console

Jim A