[mythtv-users] Hard drive selection when Mythtv is in a VM

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Thu Jan 4 17:54:45 UTC 2018

I`ll chime in, I`m running a centos 7 kvm setup, should do it in a container but ive been lazy. The mythtv is a kvm vm with a whole disk passed through for storage, that way I can mount my disk outside of myth if needed etc.  You can do that with a vm disk but just easier for me if i need to do it in the future etc.
__

I’d need at lot more research on adding the extra drive just for the VM to record on.  Not sure how to pass the whole drive through to the VM.  I think I still have to create VDI pointing to that hard drive.  More work, but I think it’s worth a test.

Jim A