[mythtv-users] where can i find out what this means?

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 01:53:37 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 7:14 AM, <mikkel at broerne.dk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Hope everyone has had a good start to the new year!
>
> On occasion my system crashes (process dies, but not completly) with the
> following
>
> *mythbackend: mythbackend[30351]: C CoreContext signalhandling.cpp:305
> (handleSignal) Received Segmentation fault: Code 128, PID 0, UID 0, Value
> 0x7fa34150e23f*
>
> I can find all sorts of issues where people have bug and much more, but I
> would just like to know what each part of the entry means
>
> *C CoreContext signalhandling.cpp:305 (handleSignal) * - means what?
>
> *Segmentation fault: Code 128, PID 0, UID 0, Value 0x7fa34150e23f* -
> means a memory read/write error but the individual parts i need to
> understand?
>

> Mike,

​
C is the loglevel (Critical)
CoreContext is the thread that was running at the time of the segfault
handleSignal is the function the process exited in
signalhandling.cpp:305 is the file and line number of the handleSignal
function
the rest is output from the handleSignal function

You will want to generate a backtrace to find the problem. It will be more
useful than the above. See https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging