[mythtv-users] Iptv

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Feb 27 17:01:21 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-02-27 at 10:05 -0500, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> Are you still able to record/watch CBC live?

Yes, and record from it.

> I plugged the above into my
>
> playlist and the one from your new thread ( 600,&601) and neither
> work for
> me.

It's not entirely/exactly straightforward.  Or wasn't, until I had
completed it.  I did have to dick with it a bit to get it to work.  I
had to do a few mythbackend restarts also.  Maybe not [all] necessary.

I mostly followed this:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Setting_up_HTTP_Live_Streaming_Recorder#HLS_Recorder_Playlist

Although the screenshots and screen navigation is a bit different in 29
than on that page.  The bits about EPG and XMLTV are also mostly
irrelevant since I used my Schedules Direct source for the guide data
for the channel.  I did end up giving the channel the same number and
callsign in the .m3u file as is on my cable service, but Stephen seemed
to indicate that you can set any channel number you want and to just
make sure the callsign was the same.

I then altered priorities per another message on the list to get the
scheduler to prefer the IPTV stream.

Cheers,
b.