[mythtv-users] Channel 4HD leaving Freesat EPG Tomorrow (UK)

Andre MythTV mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Feb 26 19:26:21 UTC 2018

> On 26 Feb 2018, at 18:23, Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org> wrote:
>

> Andre MythTV wrote:
>> FYI for anyone following:
>>
>> There seems to be enough eit data to keep Channel 4 HD scheduling going, just now&  next but seems ok.
>>
>> Andre
>>

> Have I got this right. The stream is active but the EPG has died/been killed???

The Freesat EPG has been stopped due to contractual dispute, the basic eit epg is still there (now & next) and the video transmission is still there exactly as it was, still unencrypted.

It means that official Freesat boxes can’t see the HD channel any more but ordinary satellite boxes and software like MythTV only loes the EPG, if you get EPG from schedules direct or some other xmltv source you wouldn’t know anything has changed.

Andre