[mythtv-users] Correct setup?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Feb 25 21:19:16 UTC 2018

On 25/02/18 20:47, Peter Carlsson wrote:

> I just wanted to give some feedback since you all were so kind to give
> me advice. I think I finally got it all configured but since a few days
> back I have no longer sound on my MythTV :(
>
> So before I can feel 100% confident that the channel scan is successful
> I need to fix the sound issue. Any help on this problem would also be
> appreciated!

Hi:  I haven't noticed any comment on this, but I have had a sound bug
in the past few days while doing tests that remove some transport
streams.  On starting playback it reports something like 'reconfiguring
audio failed', shows a big red cross and goes mute.

It seems that my nvidia card is getting into HDMI2 audio mode.  Sound
comes back if I select HDMI instead.  In KDE System Settings that comes
in 'Advanced'

John