[mythtv-users] Iptv

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Feb 24 08:05:23 UTC 2018

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 22:52:57 -0500, you wrote:

>> Before we try anything more difficult, take a look in mythbackend.log
>> and see if it tells you anything.  If not, try increasing the logging
>> and logging level.  The commands "mythbackend --help" and "mythbackend
>> -v help" can be run while mythbackend is running to get help on the
>> command line options to do that.  Using:
>>
>>   mythbackend --setloglevel debug
>>
>> would set the logging level of the running mythbackend program to
>> "debug", and:
>>
>>   mythbackend --setverbose http,network
>>
>> might add the logging that would show a redirection problem.

> http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/CY8sQHtf4g/
>
>here is a shortlog paste after changing to debug and verbose and trying to
>watch channel 9.
>There are errors, but I can't interpret them. Thanks again Stephen

Unfortunately, the logs do not show anything more that is helpful -
just that it attempts to connect, then fails rapidly (in less than a
second):

TVRecEvent channelutil.cpp:1976 (GetIPTVTuningData) Loaded
[data]https://watch.cbc.ca/live/channel/windsor[fectype][fec0][fec1]
for 7009
TVRecEvent recorders/dtvchannel.cpp:275 (SetChannelByString)
DTVChan[11](::-1): SetChannelByString(9): Tuning to IPTV URL
TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:3763 (TuningFrequency) TVRec[11]: Failed to set
channel to 9. Reverting to kState_None

Probably the next thing to do is to check the initial HTTPS connection
to watch.cbc.ca - use Wireshark to capture the data from your Ethernet
port using a capture filter of:

port https

But after the initial connection, everything will be encrypted, and to
see any more, I think we would need to either put some debug code into
mythbackend, or install an HTTPS proxy on the backend box and get
Linux to redirect all HTTPS connections through the proxy, so we can
see what is in the encrypted traffic to find out what is actually
happening.  But since I have never actually used an HTTPS proxy, I
would have to do some testing to see how it works.  I think this may
do the job:

https://github.com/wheever/ProxHTTPSProxyMII