[mythtv-users] Channel 4HD leaving Freesat EPG Tomorrow (UK)

jksj jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 18:05:21 UTC 2018

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:14:11 +0000, you wrote:

>>> I don't recommend using sql (too easy to make a mistake!)
>>>
>>> There is an old (very old)  for mythtv 0.24  script which may do the
>>> job see  https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Cross-eit.py
>>>
>>> It outputs the data from a chanid to an xml file which  can  be read
>>> into database via mythfilldatabase --file --xmlfile <your file name>
>>> --sourceid <n>
>>>
>>> Mike
>> ok that works :-)
>> To clarify
>> Find the chanid for Channel 4 London on Freesat.
>>
>> select serviceid,channum,mplexid,sourceid,callsign,chanid from channel
>> where serviceid=9211 order by sourceid,mplexid,channum;
>> +-----------+---------+---------+----------+-----------+--------+
>> | serviceid | channum | mplexid | sourceid | callsign  | chanid |
>> +-----------+---------+---------+----------+-----------+--------+
>> |      9211 | 126     |       1 |        2 | Channel 4 | 11211 |
>> +-----------+---------+---------+----------+-----------+--------+
>>
>> Use that number, in this case 11211 as the first parameter in cross-eit.
>> The second parameter is an arbitrary identifier which cross-eit embeds
>> in the output.
>> /cross-eit.py 11211,"hd.channel4.com"
>>
>> The identifier must now be entered as the xmltvid field for Channel 4
>> HD. This can be done with mythweb without resorting to SQL. Click on the
>> settings page, select TV then Channel Info and update the xmltvid field
>> for Channel 4 HD. Increase the recpriority to 2 while on the same line
>> (to compensate for the entries not being marked as HD). Press save at
>> the bottom of the page.
>>
>> Then call
>> mythfilldatabase --refresh-all --verbose xmltv --file --sourceid 2
>> --xmlfile output.xml
>> with the correct sourcid for freesat on your system as shown in the
>> above table.
>>
>> So once set up a simple script can be run daily.
>> ~/cross-eit.py 11211,"hd.channel4.com"
>> mythfilldatabase --refresh-all --verbose xmltv --file --sourceid 2
>> --xmlfile output.xml
>>
>> Many thanks to  Rune Evjen for Coss-eit and Mike Bibbings for the
>> suggestion.

Just noticed that the epg data created using cross-eit.py and
mythfilldatabase is an hour early.

I had to hack cross-eit.py to comment out the timezone correction. I am
not familiar with python does anybody know a proper fix?

date = dateobj  + datetime.timedelta(seconds=time.altzone)

changed to :-

date = dateobj # + datetime.timedelta(seconds=time.altzone)