[mythtv-users] Iptv

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Feb 23 15:37:13 UTC 2018

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 10:18:07 -0500, you wrote:

>I've got guide data now, by sorting out scheduals direct.
>Unfortunately, no "watch this channel" does not work, it tries, then
>returns to the guide page.
>I don't use live TV function, but, I tested successfully watching another
>channel.
>
>trieli at mythtv:~$ wget http://127.0.0.1/playlist.m3u
>--2018-02-23 09:45:01--  http://127.0.0.1/playlist.m3u
>Connecting to 127.0.0.1:80... connected.
>HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
>Length: 93 [audio/x-mpegurl]
>Saving to: ‘playlist.m3u.4’
>
>playlist.m3u.4      100%[===================>]      93  --.-KB/s    in 0s
>

>2018-02-23 09:45:01 (5.88 MB/s) - ‘playlist.m3u.4’ saved [93/93]
>
>trieli at mythtv:~$
>
>trieli at mythtv:~$ sudo cat /var/www/html/playlist.m3u
>#EXTM3U
>#EXTINF:0,9 - CBC
>#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=10088
>https://watch.cbc.ca/live/channel/windsor
>trieli at mythtv:~$
>
>Cutting and pasting the URL from the playlist into a FireFox browser works.
>
>Mythweb was not set up, So I did "sudo apt install mythweb -y", might there
>be permission limitations here?

Mythweb is a red herring.  Apache is working to allow wget to download
the playlist.m3u file - that is all it is used for.  Mythweb is not
involved in that download, or in playing IPTV URLs.  Having mythweb
installed simply guarantees that Apache will be installed.

The playlist.m3u file is only used my mythtv-setup to configure IPTV
channels - it is not involved once the channels are set up.  So if you
can see the channel in the program guide, and the URL works from a
browser, then it should work from Live TV or for a recording.  Unless
(as I suspect) the URL is redirected to a different URL when you play
it.

But before trying to track down a possible redirection (which is
possible but a bit difficult with https), it would pay to check that
the database entries for the channel are correct.  So what do these
three SQL queries produce?

select * from capturecard where cardtype='FREEBOX'\G
select * from channel where name='CBC'\G
select * from iptv_channel where chanid=(select chanid from channel
where name='CBC')\G