[mythtv-users] Iptv

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Feb 22 00:55:30 UTC 2018

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 19:34:29 -0500, you wrote:

>> > trieli at mythtv:~$ ls -al /var/www/html
>> >total 24
>> >drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Feb 21 10:26 .
>> >drwxr-xr-x 4 root root  4096 May 26  2016 ..
>> >-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11321 May 26  2016 index.html
>> >-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    50 Feb 21 10:26 playlist.m3u
>> >trieli at mythtv:~$
>> >
>> >Is there anything wrong with these permissions?
>>
>> No.  The web server can read the files, as it runs as root.  So access
>> to the files is then controlled by the web server.  Which will allow
>> you to access them from anywhere that has access to the web server -
>> it is not set up by default with any restrictions on access.  To check
>> that it is working, run this from a (non-root) command prompt on that
>> box:
>>
>> wget http://127.0.0.1/playlist.m3u
>>
>> It should download a copy of the playlist.m3u file.

>Thanks Stephen, that gives me this:
>trieli at mythtv:~$ wget http://127.0.0.1/playlist.m3u
>--2018-02-21 19:18:59--  http://127.0.0.1/playlist.m3u
>Connecting to 127.0.0.1:80... connected.
>HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
>Length: 50 [audio/x-mpegurl]
>Saving to: ‘playlist.m3u’
>
>playlist.m3u        100%[===================>]      50  --.-KB/s    in 0s
>

>2018-02-21 19:18:59 (3.47 MB/s) - ‘playlist.m3u’ saved [50/50]
>
>trieli at mythtv:~$
>
>So maybe this isn't right?

That is all working correctly.

>trieli at mythtv:~$ cat /var/www/html/playlist.m3u
>#EXTM3U
>https://watch.cbc.ca/live/channel/windsor
>trieli at mythtv:~$
>
>If the URL that I can stream on FireFox isn't what I should use, how do I
>determine what to use? Or is something else wrong with my playlist?

Your playlist.m3u file is not in the correct format.  It needs some
extra bits to make it work with MythTV.  Here is an example from my
file:

#EXTINF:0,4061 - ESPN2
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=espn2.sky.co.nz
#EXTVLCOPT:program=1222
rtsp://satip.jsw.gen.nz:554/?src=1&freq=12734&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=34&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=22500&mtype=qpsk&pids=0,311,1011,1111

The #EXTINF: line is required and always has the 0, at the front, then
the channum value, a space, a - character, a space and then the
channel name (which, IIRC, gets put in both the name and callsign
fields in the database).  The #EXTMYTHTV: line always has the xmltvid=
bit and following that the correct xmltvid value to match the EPG data
you are using.  It is optional - if you do not have EPG for the
channel, do not use a #EXTMYTHTV: line.  The #EXTVLCOPT: line is also
optional - it always has a program= followed by the serviceid of the
channel.  You should not use #EXTVLCOPT: as your IPTV channels are
pure web streaming channels - mine come from tuners via minisatip and
do have serviceid values.

There can also be problems with URLs that get redirected to a
different URL.  I think that redirection code was added to
mythbackend, so it should now handle that, but I have not tested it
myself.  If it does not, then you have to somehow track through the
redirection(s) and find the real URL and use that.