[mythtv-users] Video Hardware Question - Onboard or Card

Steve Greene sgreene820 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 16:23:25 UTC 2018

Unless I'm missing new code, advanced deinterlacing is still not supported
for VAAPI. It's most noticeable to me in the crawl under CNN, MSNBC and the
like. Probably noticeable as tearing in fast paced sporting events like
hockey or basketball as well. I have my eye on the Ryzen 5 2400G, since AMD
now supports VDPAU.

With my provider I'm getting probably 40% 480i, 40% 1080i and 20% 720p.

Steve