[mythtv-users] Recommendations for Upgrade from 0.27 at 14.04?

Nicolas Krzywinski myth2 at site7even.de
Sun Feb 18 00:15:48 UTC 2018

Hi Peter,

waiting for 18.04 is an interesting option as well.

May I ask why your prefer a new installation of the operating system? Is it because of trouble of an os upgrade?

My personal preferation would be an in place upgrade, cause of all the work that went into setting everything up.

Appreciating your strategy of handling the database. Even when doing an in place upgrade, using my full system backup strategy, I can use this idea to sync the database of the two instances.

Thank you,
Nicolas