[mythtv-users] mythtv and unattended-upgrades

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Thu Feb 15 21:12:59 UTC 2018

My BE shuts itself down when not being used.

Assuming therefore that upgrading mythtv whilst recording is not going
to end happily, I've configured unattended-upgrades to run before
shutting down.

Some of the time this works.

Some of the time it doesn't. I suspect that mythtv is overriding
everything else and it shuts down in the middle of the installation,
although my only proof of this is partially installed packages.

Looking at:

/usr/share/doc/apt/examples/configure-index.gz

there seem to be Pre-Invoke and Post-Invoke options, which I could
perhaps use to run mythshutdown --lock and mythshutdown --unlock

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Regards

Jeff