[mythtv-users] 2 basic questions

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 16:41:04 UTC 2018

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 8:03 PM Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.  I can't figure out how to edit the keys so I can create a bookmark
> key for my remote.  When I need a function on my Harmony Hub remote, I
> just add a key by editing keys in the frontend and then assign that key
> to a button on the remote.  It's always been easy to do then except for
> the spacebar that is used to create a bookmark.  What I want to do is be
> able to stop and recorded playback and then start it back up later at
> the same place. Bookmarks seem to work if I'm using a keyboard, but I
> can't find a way to assign the spacebar to anything. And I can't find
> the bookmark function.  I know I'm missing something simple somewhere.

Do you have mythfrontend configured to prompt you to save the bookmark when
you exit a recording?  When exiting watching a recording it can prompt you
with options to:

Don't exit
Save & exit.
Don't save & exit

I am not sure why that setting is not the default, but it sounds like
exactly what you want.  I am currently away from home, so cannot tell you
were to find that setting.

John