[mythtv-users] Current state-of-the-art for h264 cutlist processing?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Feb 1 13:10:00 UTC 2018

Hi:  I rarely record DVB-T2 HD h264 recordings in which I want to make
internal cuts, but it would be good to be able to do make them in a way
that doesn't introduce glitches in playback.

I find that Mythfrontend does a good job in playing uncut recordings
with cutlists, but uPnP then plays all the ads and skipping is painful.

My MythDVBcut script chops at videokeyframes; there may be glitches at
cuts but there's no long-term loss of quality or a/v sync.  I've found
other scripts that work similarly and are more elegantly coded.
Frontend and uPnP glitches may differ in style and severity.

I've tried going via mkvmerge but at present see a/v sync drift and
haven't found an mkv/audio format that my tv plays acceptably via uPnP

So, before I waste yet more time, has anyone found (or developed) a
toolchain that is available and does this job properly?

Thanks,

John P