[mythtv-users] moving to a new city and re-scanning channels

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Dec 31 23:19:58 UTC 2018

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 04:30:18PM -0500, Jason Zarin wrote:
> moving to a new city and also cutting the cord, so not only getting
> entirely new channels but also switching from recording ClearQAM cable to
> antenna. First time ever moving my mythtv system to a new location.
>
> Is the process basically:
>
> 1. rescan channels (repeatedly) using HDHomerun software to figure out
> optimum antenna placement
> 2. rescan channels within Mythtv setup (changing from cable to ATSC)
> 3. make appropriate changes to schedules-direct XMLTV lineup
> 4. mythtfilldatabase
>
> Are there any caveats for this workflow (especially for metadata of
> already-recorded programs)?
>
> Other steps that should be added?

Replacements for steps steps 2 and 3.

a. Change the grabber for your existing video sources to None.
b. Add a new videosource from Schedules Direct for your area.
c. Connect all of your inputs to the new video source.
d. Scan for new channels.

Reusing or deleting the old videosource will corrupt some non-critical
but still visible information for your existing recordings.  I'm going
to correct that in v31.

David
--
David Engel