[mythtv-users] mythtv commercial flagging??

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:06:47 UTC 2018

On 12/19/18 3:55 PM, George Poulson wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 20:34 Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com
> <mailto:keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     On 12/19/18 10:24 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>     > So I went into mythtv-setup and unchecked the allow commerical
>     flagging under the General setup and restarted the system.  I
>     setup several
>     > recordings and after the recordings were done, I looked at
>     system status under information in mythfrontend and saw the
>     expected jobs listed for
>     > metadata lookup, but also some jobs for commerical flagging.
>     However, all those jobs were only queued.  Is there something else
>     I should do to
>     > eliminate commercial flagging? Change the default recording
>     rules to not do commercial flagging??
>     >
>     > Jim A
>
>     Changing any templates, like the Default one, will only change
>     settings
>     in new rules as they are added.
>
>     For existing rules, you need to change the rules themselves.
>
>     --
>     Bill
>

> Would setting all your channels to 'commercial free' achieve the
> required result?

Not sure, but for my case, I can easily make sure all record rules
including the Default don't request commercial flagging. Since
commercial flagging is not perfect I've gotten use to using the remote
to skip commercials just as fast as backing up when the commflag skips
go too far or not far enough. Personal preference. The wife is happy
with this setup as well.

I was just noticing this on a test system and forgot what I had done on
the productions system to make this work. I taking a note now :-)

Jim A