[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection

Scot Kreienkamp skreien at wcnet.org
Mon Dec 17 03:36:08 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to understand why my duplicate detection isn't working like I
think it should.  I record much of my stuff by power search including the
example in this email, "Modern Family".  I have "Duplicate Check method"
set to subtitle and description, and "Check for duplicates in" set to "All
recordings".  As I understand it, that should mean that I don't ever record
any Modern Family shows a second time.   Using those settings I have three
instances of the same show in oldrecorded, and it's due to record another
instance soon.  It seems like the oldrecorded table isn't being consulted
at all when considering which shows to record.  It does seem to be working
for shows that are still in the recorded table.

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select
title,subtitle,episode,seriesid,programid,duplicate from oldrecorded where
subtitle like '%parade' order by title,subtitle;
+---------------+-----------------+---------+------------+----------------+-----------+
| title         | subtitle        | episode | seriesid   | programid      |
duplicate |
| Modern Family | I Love a Parade |       0 | EP01158124 | EP011581240251
| Modern Family | I Love a Parade |       0 | EP01158124 | EP011581240251
| Modern Family | I Love a Parade |       0 | EP01158124 | EP011581240251
3 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Why isn't it matching against the oldrecorded table?  Any way to get it to?